Offering Comfort for Patients
Palliative care offers specialized care for patients with progressive, life-limiting illnesses (cancer, heart & lung disease, MS, lupus, etc.). Patients are eligible for these services whether they have recently been diagnosed, are in active treatment, have completed therapy, or are nearing the end of life.
The goals of palliative care are to provide for comfort through aggressive pain and symptom management, offer emotional and spiritual support, and attend to the best possible quality of life for patients and their families.
Our Palliative Care Team works closely with the patient’s physician to develop a treatment plan that supports the patient’s health care expectations.
Palliative Care Services include:
- Pain and symptom management
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Coordination of care and communication between patients, families, physicians and other health care providers
- Support for loved ones and caregivers
- Information on Advance Care Planning, including benefits and burdens of life-sustaining and life extending measures
- Referrals to community resources
We promise to:
- Listen to you
- Respect your beliefs
- Honor your wishes
- Provide information and assure that you understand all of the choices available for your health care
- Connect you with quality healthcare professionals in the community
For more information regarding Palliative Care Services, please call (805) 614-2029.