Marian Regional Medical Center’s comprehensive Cancer Care program is accredited as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer. Marian Cancer Care has also received seven commendations and is a recipient of the Outstanding Achievement Award. This award recognition is the highest designation awarded to community cancer centers and Marian is one of only three designated programs between San Francisco and Los Angeles to receive this impressive accreditation for exceptional performance.
Additional services within Mission Hope Cancer Center include a cancer resource center, community education, patient, family and caregiver support, cancer educational, personal appearance center, outpatient care coordination and genetic, nutritional and psychosocial counseling. Since Marian Cancer Care’s inception in 1996, the entire Cancer Care Team has continued to demonstrate excellence it all aspects cancer diagnosis, treatment, prevention and support. Marian Cancer Care offers a wide variety of classes and supports groups that are free to the community. Community classes offered include yoga, massage therapy, NIA fitness, exercise, guided meditation, energy balancing and Tai Chi.
Marian Regional Medical Center is accredited by the CEO Roundtable on Cancer as a Gold Standard employer. Marian has earned this recognition for the medical center’s efforts to reduce the risk of cancer for their employees and covered family members by promoting healthy lifestyle choices, encouraging early detection through cancer screenings and ensuring access to quality treatment.
Our specialties include:
- Modern technology in ultrasound and all-digital mammography, including stereotactic breast biopsy and sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Her-2-neu and flow cytometry diagnostic tests
- Spiral CT lung scan
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- Prostate Brachytherapy
- Marian Medical Center/UCLA Oncology Patient Referral Service
- Cancer Registry staffed by Tumor Registrar
- Oncology Patient Advocate and Counselor
- Oncology Nurses
- Certified lymphedema specialist for education and treatment
- Registered Dietitian for Free Nutritional Counseling
Mission Hope Cancer Center, 1325 E. Church Street, Santa Maria, CA 93454.
For more information, please call Marian Cancer Care at (805) 219-HOPE (4673).
Our Annual Reports: