Maternal and Newborn Center—Childbirth Classes
Click here to download the current Birthing Education Class Schedule.
Childbirth Classes & Education
Expectant mothers and families can take a number of birth-related classes through Marian’s Maternal and Newborn Center including:
• Childbirth Preparation Series and Refresher Series *
• Infant Care and Breastfeeding Instruction*
• Cesarean Birth Preparation and Prevention Class*
• Big Brother and Sister Sibling Class
• "Baby Safe" Infant Safety
• Serie Preparation para el parto en Espanol
• Cuidado de su Bebe en Espanol
• Preparacion Cesarea en Espanol
(*) indicates that the class is available in a series or individually
Please note that a workbook fee is required at the first education class you attend. The class workbook fee is $10.00.
It is best to register for Maternal and Newborn Education Classes 4-5 months before your due date, and complete classes 4 weeks before your due date if possible.
For Childbirth Education Classes, please arrive ten minutes before class start time. Dress in comfortable clothes.
To register for the classes listed, you may register online by clicking Classes & Events or by leaving a message at (805) 349-BABY (2229). Your call will be returned.
Click here for a Mom and Baby Care Book (pdf).