Maternal and Newborn Center—Childbirth Classes
Click here to download the 2013 Birthing Education Class Schedule.
Childbirth Classes & Education
Expectant mothers and families can take a number of birth-related classes through Marian’s Maternal and Newborn Center including:
• Childbirth Preparation Series and Refresher Series *
• Infant Care and Breastfeeding Instruction*
• Cesarean Birth Preparation and Prevention Class*
• Big Brother and Sister Sibling Class
• "Baby Safe" Infant Safety
• Serie Lamaze en Espanol
• Cuidado de su Bebe en Espanol
• Preparacion Cesarea en Espanol
(*) indicates that the class is available in a series or individually
Please note that a workbook fee is required at the first education class you attend. The class workbook fee is $10.00.
It is best to register for Maternal and Newborn Education Classes 4-5 months before your due date, and complete classes 4 weeks before your due date if possible.
For Childbirth Education Classes, please arrive ten minutes before class start time and bring the following items:
• Two pillows
• Heavy blanket
• Watch with second hand
• Water bottle
To register for the classes listed, you may register online by clicking Classes & Events or by phone, by calling (805) 349-2229 (BABY).
Click here for a Mom and Baby Care Book (pdf).