Staying in the hospital can be disruptive to your daily routine. If you are scheduling your surgery or hospital visit, there are several things you can do to prepare. To ensure a smooth admitting process and to make your stay more comfortable, we suggest the following:
For your convenience, please bring:
- Insurance information and identification, including all necessary authorizations
- Clothing such as a bathrobe, slippers and sleepwear
- Protective cases for your eyeglasses, hearing aids and contact lenses
- A list of medications you are taking, and information on how much and how often
- For outpatient services, bring your doctor's order for the diagnostic test(s) you will receive
Please leave the following items at home: Jewelry, credit cards and cash. Please limit the personal items you bring and arrange to send extra items home with a family member.
If you are being hospitalized for surgery, please arrive at Marian Regional Medical Center two hours prior to your scheduled surgery, but no earlier than 5:45 a.m. For your comfort, please wear casual, loose fitting clothing. Do not wear false eyelashes or jewelry.
Please leave all medications at home with the exception of inhalers.
For more information, please call (805) 739-3000.